- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup schmaltz (chicken fat), melted and cooled slightly (see Note)
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped tarragon
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped celery leaves (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped savory or oregano
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the vinegar and garlic. Add a few drops of oil at a time, whisking constantly until the sauce starts to emulsify. When it starts to look creamy, gradually add the rest of the oil in a very thin stream, whisking constantly until a thick sauce forms. Whisk in the schmaltz in a thin stream until it is incorporated. Stir in the tarragon, parsley, celery leaves and savory. Season the aioli with salt and pepper.
Schmaltz is available in the refrigerated section of most supermarkets.
Fries or roasted vegetables.