- 1/4 cup lemon sorbet, melted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 stick cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 18 large sea scallops
- Snipped chives, for garnish
How to make this recipe
In a small skillet, combine
the sorbet with the vinegar and shallots and bring to a boil. Cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until reduced to 21/2 tablespoons, about 7 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat and swirl in the butter 1 piece at a time, briefly returning the skillet to the heat once or twice as necessary. Season the sauce with salt and keep warm over very low heat.
In a large skillet, heat the oil until shimmering. Working in batches if necessary, season the scallops with salt and pepper and cook over moderately high heat, turning once, until nearly white throughout, about 5 minutes. Transfer the scallops to plates, drizzle with the beurre blanc and garnish with snipped chives.
Zesty Loire Valley Sauvignon Blanc.