- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 6 pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1/4 pounds sea scallops
- 36 cherry tomatoes (from 2 pints), halved
- 3 cups baby spinach (2 ounces)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 3/4 cup chopped basil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
Light a grill. Cut six 18-by-20-inch pieces of heavy-duty aluminum foil. In the center of each piece of aluminum foil, combine 2 tablespoons of the white wine with one-sixth of the sliced shallots, 1 piece of butter and 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Top with the scallops, followed by the tomatoes, spinach, corn and basil. Season with salt and pepper. Bring the sides of the foil together and fold to form neat rectangles.
Grill the foil packs over a medium-hot fire until steam inflates them and you hear the juices bubbling, about 10 minutes. Carefully open the foil packs to let the steam escape, then transfer the scallops, vegetables and their broth to shallow soup bowls and serve immediately.
One Serving: 297 cal, 10.6 gm fat, 3.3 gm saturated fat, 16 gm carb, 3 gm fiber.
A New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc, with its characteristic tartness, will provide a refreshing contrast to the sweet scallops and their basil-scented sauce.