Scallop Crudo with Pecans and Ponzu Sauce
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
This super-simple recipe from chef Eric Ripert features thin slices of raw sea scallops topped with the delicious combination of chopped toasted pecans, Japanese ponzu sauce and aged balsamic vinegar. Buy the freshest, highest-quality scallops you can find: The success of the recipe depends on it.
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 6 large sea scallops, sliced crosswise 1/4 inch thick
- Ponzu sauce, for drizzling
- Aged balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Spread the pecans in a pie plate and bake for about 6 minutes, until golden and fragrant; let cool.
- Arrange the sliced scallops on chilled small plates. Drizzle the scallops very lightly with ponzu sauce and dot each slice with a small drop of balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle the pecans on top and serve right away.