- 6 large sea scallops, sliced crosswise 1/4 inch thick
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Fresh lemon juice, for drizzling
- Fleur de sel, for sprinkling
- Piment d’Espelette, for sprinkling (see Note)
How to make this recipe
Arrange the sliced scallops on chilled small plates. Drizzle olive oil and lemon juice on top and season with fleur de sel and piment d’Espelette. Serve right away.
Piment d'Espelette, a mildly spicy red pepper powder from Basque Country, is available at specialty food shops and lepicerie.com.