Scallop Crudo with Lemon and Piment d'Espelette
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 6
This amazingly simple and elegant recipe from chef Eric Ripert features thin slices of raw sea scallops topped with a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil, fresh lemon juice and a dusting of mildly spicy red pepper. Buy the freshest, highest-quality scallops you can find: The success of the recipe depends on it.
- 6 large sea scallops, sliced crosswise 1/4 inch thick
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Fresh lemon juice, for drizzling
- Fleur de sel, for sprinkling
- Piment d’Espelette, for sprinkling (see Note)
- Arrange the sliced scallops on chilled small plates. Drizzle olive oil and lemon juice on top and season with fleur de sel and piment d’Espelette. Serve right away.