- 6 large sea scallops, sliced crosswise 1/4 inch thick
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Fresh lemon juice, for drizzling
- Fleur de sel, for sprinkling
- Piment d’Espelette, for sprinkling (see Note)
How to make this recipe
- Arrange the sliced scallops on chilled small plates. Drizzle olive oil and lemon juice on top and season with fleur de sel and piment d’Espelette. Serve right away.
Piment d'Espelette, a mildly spicy red pepper powder from Basque Country, is available at specialty food shops and lepicerie.com.