- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: two 10-inch pancakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/3 cups seltzer
- 4 scallions, green parts only, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- In a medium bowl, whisk both flours with the onion powder, cayenne and a generous pinch of salt and black pepper. Whisk in the seltzer and scallions. The batter should be the consistency of pancake batter.
- Heat 1/4 cup of the oil in each of two 10-inch skillets until shimmering. Divide the batter between the pans, gently shaking them and swirling to coat the bottom. Cook over high heat until the bottoms are golden and the pancakes are nearly set and golden on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Flip the pancakes and cook until golden and crisp, about 3 minutes longer. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with salt. Cut each pancake into quarters and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.