- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup low-fat (1%) milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced scallion
- 1/2 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- Vegetable oil spray
How to make this recipe
- In a small dry skillet, toast the sesame seeds over moderate heat until fragrant, about 1 minute. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- In a bowl, whisk the milk, flour, egg and salt until smooth. Cover and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Stir in the scallion, sesame oil and sesame seeds.
- Coat a 6- or 7-inch nonstick skillet with vegetable spray and warm over moderately high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of the batter and gently swirl to coat the bottom of the pan. Cook until golden around the edges, about 45 seconds. Flip carefully and cook until set, about 30 seconds longer. Transfer to a plate and continue making pancakes.
The pancakes can stand a room temperature for 4 hours. Rewarm them over high heat.
One Pancake Calories 67 kcal, Protein 3 gm, Carbohydrate 7 gm, Cholesterol 43 mg, Total Fat 3.4 gm, Saturated Fat .7 gm.