- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Working a little scallion paste into ground meat, steaks or chops adds incredible flavor. Grace Parisi likes to stuff the paste right into a patty of ground beef with a hunk of Brie to make a super-luxurious cheeseburger.
More Burger Recipes
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 ounces Brie, rind removed, cheese cut into 4 slices
- 1/4 cup Spicy Scallion Paste
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Tomato slices and lettuce, for serving
- Light a grill. Season the ground beef with salt and pepper and form into eight 4-inch patties that are slightly thicker in the center. Top 4 of the patties with a slice of Brie and a scant tablespoon of the scallion paste. Top with the 4 remaining patties, pinching the edges to seal.
- Brush the burgers with oil and grill over high heat, turning once or twice, about 8 minutes for medium-rare meat.
- Meanwhile, mix the mayonnaise with the remaining scallion paste. Grill the buns until toasted. Spread the mayonnaise on the bottoms of the buns and top with the burgers, tomatoes and lettuce. Close the burgers and serve.