- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 ounces thinly sliced pancetta, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- One 1 1/2-pound head of Savoy cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
In a large skillet, heat the oil. Add the pancetta and cook over moderate heat until crisp, about 8 minutes. Transfer the pancetta to a plate.
Add the onion to the skillet and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until softened. Add the cabbage and pancetta and cook, stirring, until the cabbage is tender, about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in the vinegar, season with salt and pepper and serve.