Savory Escarole with Anchovies
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 pound thickly sliced pancetta, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 5 small anchovy fillets, minced
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1 large head of escarole, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or canned low-sodium broth
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large, deep skillet, heat the olive oil until shimmering. Add the pancetta and cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until golden, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic, anchovies and crushed red pepper and cook until the garlic is softened and beginning to brown, about 2 minutes. Add the escarole in large handfuls, tossing until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the chicken stock, cover and cook for 1 minute. Uncover and cook until the liquid is nearly evaporated and the escarole is tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.