Savory Cantaloupe Salad
- SERVINGS: 6
The black pepper and vinegar bring out the cantaloupe's sweetness, making it a good foil for creamy fresh goat cheese. The cheese is served on slices of crusty bread alongside the melon salad.
- One 3-pound ripe cantaloupe, cut into 1-inch cubes (see Notes)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 slices soppressata salami, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- 1/2 pound fresh goat cheese
- 6 slices country bread
- Put the melon cubes in a serving bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add the oil and toss gently, then add the vinegar. Garnish with the soppressata and chives. Spread the cheese on the bread and serve it alongside.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.