Sautéed Zucchini with Ginger and Dill
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
This is a light and lovely way to prepare zucchini, which gets quickly sautéed with garlic, shallots and ginger, then tossed with fresh dill. Padma Lakshmi likes to stir dried pomegranate seeds (called anardana in India) into this dish for a bit of crunchy tang.
Delicious, Quick Side Dishes
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, halved
- 2 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 pounds small zucchini, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 1/2 cup chopped dill
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried pomegranate seeds (see Note), optional
- In a large, deep skillet, heat the oil. Add the garlic and cook over moderately high heat until sizzling, about 1 minute. Add the shallots and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the ginger and cook for 2 minutes. Add the zucchini and cook until beginning to brown, about 10 minutes. Stir in the dill and pomegranate seeds and season with salt. Transfer to a bowl and serve.