Sautéed Wild Mushrooms
- SERVINGS: 6
Delicious, Quick Side Dishes
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 pounds assorted wild mushrooms, such as oyster mushrooms, chanterelles and black trumpets, tough stems discarded
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large deep sauté pan, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in 1 tablespoon of the oil over high heat. Add half of the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and sauté until tender, about 7 minutes. Transfer to a platter. Repeat with the remaining butter, oil and mushrooms.
- Return all of the mushrooms to the pan and toss over moderately high heat until warmed through. Transfer to a platter and serve immediately.
Make AheadThe mushrooms can be prepared through Step 1 up to 4 hours ahead.