- Olive oil cooking spray
- Four 4-ounce turkey cutlets, pounded 1/4 inch thick
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 bunches scallions, white and light green parts, thinly sliced (2 cups)
- 1 3/4 cups low-sodium nonfat chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon veal demiglace (see Note)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon dry Marsala
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- Grease a large nonstick skillet with olive oil cooking spray and set the pan over moderately high heat. Season the turkey cutlets with salt and pepper. Add 2 cutlets to the skillet and cook, turning once, until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate and repeat with the remaining turkey cutlets.
- Melt the butter in the skillet. Add the scallions and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add 1 1/2 cups of the chicken broth, the demiglace, bay leaf and 1/3 cup of the Marsala and simmer for 8 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining 1/4 cup of chicken broth into the flour until smooth. Stir the slurry into the sauce and simmer for 3 minutes. Discard the bay leaf.
- In a blender, puree 1 cup of the sauce until smooth. Stir the puree into the remaining sauce in the skillet and season with salt and pepper.
- Warm the turkey cutlets in the sauce over low heat. Stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon of Marsala. Transfer the turkey to plates and spoon the sauce on top. Garnish with the chives and serve.
Veal demiglace is available at specialty food shops.
One Serving Calories 168 kcal, Total Fat 1.2 gm, Saturated Fat 0.3 gm, Protein 25 gm, Carbohydrates 46 gm.Serve With Hazelnut-Cranberry Wild Rice or brown rice.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.