Sautéed Trout with Citrus-Olive Relish
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 2 navel oranges
- 1 small lemon
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup pitted green olives, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Four 6-ounce trout fillets, skinned
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- Using a sharp knife, peel the bitter white pith from the oranges and lemon; be sure to remove all of the pith. Working over a bowl, cut in between the membranes to release the sections. Add the grated orange and lemon zests, olives, parsley, garlic, olive oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper and toss gently.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the vegetable oil. Season the trout fillets with salt and pepper and dust with flour. Add the trout to the skillet and cook over moderately high heat until browned on the bottom, about 2 minutes. Turn the fillets, reduce the heat to moderate and cook until just white throughout, about 3 minutes. Transfer the fillets to plates or a platter, spoon the relish on top and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.