- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 bunches Swiss chard (1 1/2 pounds)stems sliced 1/2 inch thick, leaves cut into 1-inch ribbons
- 3/4 cup canned chickpeas, drained
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium chicken broth
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large, deep skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and cook over moderate heat until lightly golden around the edges, about 3 minutes. Add the crushed red pepper and cook for 30 seconds. Add the onion and cook until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add the Swiss chard stems and leaves and the chickpeas and cook over moderately high heat, stirring frequently, until the greens are wilted, about 10 minutes. Add the chicken broth and cook until the stems are tender and the pan is dry, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to plates and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.