Sautéed Spinach with Pancetta and Dried Cranberries
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 10 to 12
Sweet cranberries and crispy pancetta dress up this quick spinach side dish.
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced pancetta, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 1/2 pounds baby spinach
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook the pancetta in the oil over moderately high heat until browned, about 6 minutes. Add the dried cranberries and shallot and cook, stirring, until the shallot just starts to brown, 4 minutes. Stir in the spinach in large handfuls, letting each batch wilt slightly before adding more. Cook, tossing, until all of the spinach is wilted, 3 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, transfer to a bowl and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.