Sautéed Spinach with Almonds and Red Grapes
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup blanched whole almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Two 10-ounce packages of spinach, large stems discarded
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine, preferably Rioja
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the almonds and onion and cook over moderate heat until the almonds are golden, about 4 minutes. Add the grapes and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the spinach in handfuls, adding more as the leaves wilt. When all of the spinach has been added, stir in the wine and butter. Season with salt and white pepper and serve at once.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.