© Dana Gallagher
Sautéed Shrimp with Green Olives, Scallions and Anchovies
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
Plus: More Delicious Shrimp Recipes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 large scallions, white and tender green parts only, thinly sliced
- 3 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 6 large anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 18 green Greek olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1 3/4 pounds shelled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1/4 cup dry white wine, such as Verdejo, Albariño or Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat the olive oil In a large skillet. Add the scallions and garlic and cook over moderate heat until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the anchovies and cook, mashing them with a fork, for 2 minutes. Add the olives and stir for 1 minute to heat through. Add the shrimp and cook, turning once or twice, until they start to curl, about 2 minutes. Add the wine and simmer, stirring, until the shrimp are just cooked, about 1 minute longer.
- Remove the skillet from the heat. Stir in the butter and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Transfer the shrimp to plates and serve.
Serve WithOrzo with toasted almonds.
A clean, dry Verdejo from Spain with a floral nose is a natural match for this dish because the wine's crispness complements the strong, salty flavors rather than being overshadowed by them.