Sautéed Shrimp with Green Olives, Scallions and Anchovies
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 large scallions, white and tender green parts only, thinly sliced
- 3 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 6 large anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 18 green Greek olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1 3/4 pounds shelled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1/4 cup dry white wine, such as Verdejo, Albariño or Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat the olive oil In a large skillet. Add the scallions and garlic and cook over moderate heat until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the anchovies and cook, mashing them with a fork, for 2 minutes. Add the olives and stir for 1 minute to heat through. Add the shrimp and cook, turning once or twice, until they start to curl, about 2 minutes. Add the wine and simmer, stirring, until the shrimp are just cooked, about 1 minute longer.
- Remove the skillet from the heat. Stir in the butter and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Transfer the shrimp to plates and serve.
A clean, dry Verdejo from Spain with a floral nose is a natural match for this dish because the wine's crispness complements the strong, salty flavors rather than being overshadowed by them.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.