- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 pound large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 pound mussels, scrubbed
- 1/4 cup sliced pimento-stuffed green olives
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Crusty bread for serving
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil until shimmering. Add the garlic and cook over moderately high heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the shrimp and mussels and cook, stirring, until the shrimp just begins to turn pink, about 2 minutes. Stir in the olives, capers and paprika. Pour in the wine, cover and cook until the mussels open and the shrimp are pink and curled, about 3 minutes longer. Discard any mussels that don't open. Serve with crusty bread.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.