- 1 1/2 pounds bay scallops, rinsed and patted dry
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons whole fresh rosemary leaves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
How to make this recipe
Remove and discard the iridescent membrane on each scallop.
Warm the oil and garlic together in a large nonreactive skillet over moderate heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the garlic is pale golden, about 4 minutes. Raise the heat to high and stir in the rosemary. Add the scallops in a single layer, season with salt and pepper and cook until opaque, 2 to 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the scallops to a bowl.
Add the lemon juice to the skillet and simmer until the liquid is reduced to a syrupy glaze. Return the scallops and any accumulated juices to the skillet and toss to coat with the glaze; cook until just heated through.