- 4 slices thick-cut bacon (about 4 ounces), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound red cabbage, cored and sliced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
How to make this recipe
Cook the bacon in a large heavy skillet over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, about 10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a paper towel–lined plate. Set aside. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat.
Add the cabbage to the hot skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the vinegar and cook until liquid has evaporated. Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper.
Transfer the cabbage to a serving dish and sprinkle the reserved bacon over it. Garnish with the parsley and serve.