Sautéed Radicchio with Shallots and Ricotta Salata
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 heads of radicchio (1/2 pound)thinly sliced
- 1 ounce ricotta salata cheese, cut into thin shavings
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add the shallots, season with salt and cook over moderate heat until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the radicchio to the skillet and toss well. Cover and cook over moderate heat, stirring a few times, until the radicchio is tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt. Transfer the radicchio to a bowl. Top with the ricotta salata shavings, season with pepper and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.