- 1 1/4 pounds mustard greens, stemmed
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- In a large saucepan of salted boiling water, cook the greens for 1 minute. Drain, squeeze out the excess water and coarsely chop.
- In the same saucepan, melt the butter in the olive oil. Add the garlic, onion and crushed red pepper and cook over moderate heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the mustard greens and cook over moderately high heat, stirring to coat with the flavored oil. Add the stock and season with salt. Transfer to a bowl to serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.