- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds mixed mushrooms, such as button, stemmed shiitake and oyster,
sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
In a large skillet, melt the butter in the olive oil. Add the mushrooms and cook over moderately high heat, without stirring, until browned on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are browned and tender, about 6 minutes longer. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Season the mushrooms with salt and pepper, transfer to a bowl and serve.