Sautéed Mixed Greens with Olives and Ricotta Salata
- SERVINGS: 4
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 pound kalelarge stems discarded, leaves rinsed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 head of escarole (about 1 pound), cored and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 pound spinach, stemmed
- 1/4 cup pitted Calamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3 ounces ricotta salata or feta cheese, cut into small dice (3/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Heat 3 tablespoons of the olive oil in a very large skillet. Add the pine nuts and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until golden, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until golden, about 2 minutes longer.
- Add the kale and season with salt. Cook over low heat, stirring often, until softened, about 10 minutes. Add the escarole, season with salt and cook, stirring often, until just tender, about 5 minutes longer. Stir in the spinach and cook until wilted, about 3 minutes. Stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, the olives and capers and season with salt and pepper. Fold in the ricotta salata, add the lemon juice and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.