Sautéed Kale and Radishes in Tomato Bagna Cauda
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Inspired by northern Italy’s buttery anchovy sauce, known as bagna cauda, this savory kale-and-radish dish gets a boost of flavor from melted anchovies in the tomato sauce.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 7 anchovy fillets in oil, drained and chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1/2 pounds curly kale, stems discarded and leaves chopped
- 6 ounces radishes (about 8 small radishes), halved if large
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic, anchovies and tomato paste and cook over moderately low heat, stirring frequently, until the tomato paste is deep red, about 7 minutes. Add the kale, radishes and 1/2 cup of water and cook, stirring, until the kale is softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice and chives, season with salt and pepper and serve warm.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.