Sautéed Haricots Verts and Morels with Scallions
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6 to 8
Perfect for springtime, this delicious side dish features haricots verts sautéed in olive oil and butter with fresh morels. Dried morels can be used if fresh are unavailable by soaking 1 cup (1 ounce) of them in boiling water for about 20 minutes; drain them before sautéing.
- 1 1/2 pounds haricots verts, ends trimmed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 scallions, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/2 pound fresh morels—halved lengthwise, rinsed and dried
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup chervil sprigs
- Fill a large bowl with ice water. In a large saucepan of salted boiling water, cook the haricots verts until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain the beans and let cool in the ice bath; drain and pat dry.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter in the olive oil. Add the scallions and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until softened, about 1 minute. Add the morels and season with salt and pepper. Cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, 5 minutes. Add the haricots verts and cook, tossing, until hot, about 3 minutes. Fold in the chervil and season with salt and pepper. Transfer the beans and morels to a platter and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.