Sautéed Greens with Shallots and Thyme
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
- 2 pounds tender greens, such as spinach, watercress and dandelion greensthick stems discarded, leaves coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped thyme leaves
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat a large pot. Add the greens and cook over high heat, tossing just until wilted. Transfer the greens to a colander and press out the excess liquid.
- Wipe out the pot. Add the vegetable oil until shimmering. Add the shallot, garlic, thyme and crushed red pepper and cook over high heat, stirring, until fragrant and lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Add the greens, season with salt and pepper and cook over high heat for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer the greens to a bowl and serve.
Make Ahead The greens can be refrigerated overnight.