- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 pounds large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- In a very large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and cook over moderately high heat until light golden, about 2 minutes. Add the crushed red pepper and cook for 30 seconds. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until white throughout, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the lemon juice and butter and cook over low heat until the butter is melted and the sauce coats the shrimp. Spoon the shrimp and sauce into shallow bowls and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.