- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound beet greens, trimmed and cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 medium head of red oak leaf lettuce, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1/2 pound spinach, tough stems discarded
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
In a large heavy saucepan, toast the caraway seeds over moderate heat until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Transfer the seeds to a plate to cool, then coarsely crush them with the side of a large knife.
Heat the olive oil in the saucepan. Add the green, in batches if necessary, and sauté over moderate heat until wilted, about 3 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice, lemon zest and caraway. Season with salt and pepper and serve.