Sautéed Cabbage with Roasted Potatoes
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 50 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1 pound medium red potatoes, cut into 2-by-1/2-inch matchsticks
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 carrots, cut into 2-by-1/4-inch matchsticks
- 1 pound cabbage, sliced 1/2 inch thick (8 cups)
- 1 long red fresh chile, seeded and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Put the potatoes on a large rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Bake on the bottom shelf of the oven for about 18 minutes, until the potatoes are tender and browned on the bottom. With a metal spatula, scrape the potatoes loose from the pan.
- Meanwhile, in a large, deep skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil. Add the carrots, season with salt, cover and cook over moderate heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the skillet along with the cabbage. Cover and cook over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until the cabbage is tender, about 15 minutes. Add the chile and rosemary, cover and cook until the chile is tender, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Gently stir in the roasted potatoes, transfer to a bowl and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.