- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 pounds green cabbage (half of a medium green cabbage), finely shredded
- Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely chopped thyme
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Add the cabbage and a pinch of salt and cook over moderately high heat until wilted, about 5 minutes. Cover and cook over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley, chives and thyme. Season with salt and pepper and serve.