© Todd Porter & Diane Cu
Sautéed Cabbage and Bacon
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4 to 6
This warm salad pairs crispy bacon with tangy sautéed cabbage for a great 30-minute meal.
Slideshow: 30-Minute Recipes
- 6 strips uncooked bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 8 cups shredded green cabbage (about a 2-pound head of cabbage)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon pieces and stirring occasionally, cook for about 3 minutes, or until the bacon is nearly crisp or almost at your preferred texture.
- Stir in the red onion and cook for 1 minute or until the onions are soft.
- Stir in the cabbage, Worcestershire sauce, and cayenne pepper. Cook for about 3 minutes or until cabbage is softened.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve warm.