- 1 1/4 pounds broccoli crowns
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ears of corn, shucked (about 2 cups of kernels)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- Zest of 1 medium lemon
- Juice of 1 medium lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
How to make this recipe
- Cut the broccoli into bite sized pieces and set aside. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the oil, then add the garlic. Cook the garlic for about 1 minute or until soft.
- Stir in the broccoli and cook for about 2 minutes, or until broccoli is bright green. Stir in the corn and chili powder. Continue cooking for 3 minutes or until the vegetables are tender, and then remove from heat and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- In a bowl, whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients.
- After the broccoli and corn have cooled, toss with the vinaigrette and taste for seasoning. Season with additional salt and pepper if desired and serve.