© Ken Kochey
Sautéed Baby Squash with Scallions
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
This fast and easy side combines sautéed baby squash with scallions, shallots and parsley. It's a great way to showcase the vegetable's summer-fresh flavor.
Slideshow: Ultimate Summer Vegetable Recipes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 pounds baby squash, halved
- 1 bunch of scallions, finely chopped
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- In a large skillet, melt the butter. Add the squash, scallions and shallot and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the squash is tender and lightly browned, 8 minutes. Stir in the parsley and serve right away.