Sautéed Baby Greens and Prosciutto
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 4
Prosciutto makes these wilted greens versatile enough to be served as a salad with melon or as a sandwich filling with fresh ricotta and crusty bread.
- 8 slices prosciutto (about 6 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound tender young greens, such as arugula, tatsoi, dandelion or mesclun
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Arrange the prosciutto on 4 plates. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil until shimmering. Add the greens and a generous pinch each of salt and pepper and cook over moderate heat, tossing, until barely wilted, about 1 minute. Add the lemon juice and toss, then mound the greens alongside the prosciutto. Drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil, season with pepper and serve.