- 2 pounds thick asparagus, peeled
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound chanterelle or oyster mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 3 medium shallots, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
How to make this recipe
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the asparagus and cook until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold water and pat dry.
- In a large, deep skillet, heat the olive oil until shimmering. Add the chanterelles and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally until golden and dry, 6 minutes. Add the shallots and garlic, season with salt and pepper and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the wine and cook until nearly evaporated, scraping up any bits stuck to the bottom of the pan. Add the stock and cook until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Add the cream and cook until reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Season the sauce with salt and pepper and stir in the parsley; keep warm.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the asparagus and cook over high heat, shaking the pan until heated through, about 2 minutes. Transfer the asparagus to plates and spoon the sauce on top.