- 2 pounds large asparagus—peeled and cut on the diagonal into 1 1/2-inch lengths
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds sugar snap peas
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the asparagus and cook until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Drain the asparagus and rinse under cold water. Drain again and pat dry.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet until shimmering. Add the sugar snap peas and cook over moderately high heat until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add the asparagus and a generous pinch each of salt and pepper and cook until warmed through and tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a large platter and serve the vegetables immediately.