- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- 4 large, ripe apricots, halved and pitted
- 4 small scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 3 1/2 ounces good-quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
How to make this recipe
prepare the apricots
In a large skillet, combine the honey and vanilla seeds and cook over moderate heat, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the apricot halves cut side down and cook, moving them frequently in the skillet, until they start to brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer the apricots to a plate.
make the chocolate sauce
Put the chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl. In a medium saucepan, combine the cream, honey and spices and bring to a boil. Pour the cream over the chocolate and whisk until smooth.
Set 1 apricot half cut side up in each bowl and top with a scoop of ice cream. Set another apricot half on top, cut side down, and drizzle with the warm chocolate sauce. Serve right away.