- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds breakfast sausages or sweet Italian pork sausages
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 pound red and green seedless grapes
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Crusty bread, for serving
How to make this recipe
In a large, deep skillet, heat the olive oil until shimmering. Add the sausages and cook them over moderately high heat until they are browned on 2 sides, about 4 minutes. Cover and cook over moderate heat, turning once, until the sausages are no longer pink, about 10 minutes.
Add the water, garlic and rosemary and cook over low heat, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom, until the garlic softens, about 5 minutes. Add the vinegar and the grapes and cook over moderate heat, stirring until the grape skins start to split, 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, transfer to plates and serve with crusty bread.