- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sorghum syrup or molasses
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- Canola oil, for brushing
- Six 4-ounce hot Italian sausages
- 2 medium peaches, pitted and sliced 1/4 inch thick
How to make this recipe
In a 1-quart jar, shake both vinegars with the sorghum syrup, salt and 1/2 cup of water until the salt dissolves. Add the jalapeños and onion, cover and let stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Light a grill and oil the grate. Grill the sausages over moderate heat, turning, until lightly charred and cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes, then thinly slice on the bias.
Arrange the sliced peaches on a platter. Top with the sausages and some of the pickled jalapeños and onion. Drizzle with some of the pickling liquid and serve the remaining pickles on the side.
The drained pickles can be refrigerated for up to 1 week
Fresh Provencal rosé.