Sausages and Peppers
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 10
Michael Chiarello’s simple, classic version of sausage and peppers is excellent on pasta, bread or polenta—and it’s all made in the oven.
- 3 yellow bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 3 onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 serrano chiles, seeded and thinly sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3 pounds sweet and/or spicy Italian sausages
- 1/4 cup torn basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 375°. In a very large bowl, toss the yellow peppers with the tomatoes, onions, chiles, garlic, olive oil and vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Scrape the vegetables onto 2 large rimmed baking sheets and roast for 15 minutes, until just softened. Arrange the sausages on the vegetables and roast for 25 to 30 minutes, until the vegetables are lightly browned and an instant-read thermometer inserted into each sausage registers 165°; rotate the pans halfway through roasting. Transfer to a platter, scatter the basil on top and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.