- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 35 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 5 dozen stuffed peppadews
- 1 pound hot Italian sausages, casings removed
- 1/2 cup cooked white rice
- 2 tablespoons olive tapenade
- 60 yellow or red peppadew peppers (from two 14-ounce jars), drained
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450°. In a medium bowl, knead the sausage meat with the cooked rice and olive tapenade. Fill the peppadew peppers with the meat mixture, pressing to compact it. Arrange the peppadews meat side up on a lightly oiled baking sheet; lightly press down on them so they don't wobble. Drizzle the peppadews all over with olive oil and sprinkle with the grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
- Bake the peppadews in the upper third of the oven for about 15 minutes, until the sausage meat is cooked through. Transfer the peppadews to a platter and serve warm or at room temperature.
Dark fruitscented, medium-bodied Barbera.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.