Sausage-Stuffed Peppadew Peppers
- TOTAL TIME: 40 MIN
- SERVINGS: 24 stuffed peppers
This is a Spanish-inspired stuffed pepper that balances the pickled tang and heat of peppadews with an unforgettable savory-mushroom filling.
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces cremini mushrooms, minced
- 2 anchovy fillets, drained and minced
- 3 ounces hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves, chopped
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- One 14-ounce jar peppadew peppers, drained
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Lightly grease a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a skillet, heat the oil. Add the mushrooms and anchovies and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until the mushrooms are golden, 5 minutes. Stir in the sausage, garlic and thyme and cook, breaking up the sausage until no trace of pink remains, 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Let cool slightly.
- Stuff each peppadew with about 1 teaspoon of the filling; arrange in the dish. Bake for about 10 minutes, until the peppadews are hot. Serve warm.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.