Sausage Burgers with Sriracha-Honey-Mustard Sauce
- TOTAL TIME: 40 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
These sweet-and-spicy glazed pork burgers are just as easy to make as plain beef burgers, but so much more flavorful.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground pork
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet and hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup whole-grain mustard
- 8 burger buns, split and toasted
- Mayonnaise, coleslaw and pickles
- In a bowl, combine the ground pork with the sausage meat and form into eight 4-inch patties about 3/4 inch thick.
- In a saucepan, combine the honey, Sriracha and both mustards and bring to a boil. Simmer until a slightly glossy sauce forms, 3 minutes; reserve half in a bowl for serving.
- Light a grill and oil the grates. Grill the burgers over moderately high heat for 5 minutes, turning once, until lightly charred and barely cooked through; brush with the sauce and grill, turning and brushing, until cooked through and glazed, about 5 minutes longer.
- Spread the bottom buns with mayonnaise and top with the burgers. Spoon a little of the reserved sauce on top, followed by coleslaw and pickles. Close the burgers and serve.
The uncooked sausage burgers can be refrigerated overnight. The sauce can be refrigerated for up to 5 days.
Lively, fruit-forward Grenache from California's Santa Ynez Valley.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.