- One 4-ounce hot Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet Peppadew peppers
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
How to make this recipe
- In a small, nonstick skillet, cook the sausage over moderately high heat, breaking it into small lumps, until crusty and browned, about 10 minutes. Scrape the sausage into a medium bowl and stir in the Peppadews. Let cool, then fold in the butter and cheese until melted.
The sausage butter can be refrigerated for up to 4 days.