- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 1 1/2 cups
Peppadew peppers are a sweet and tangy pickled pepper from South Africa that is particularly delicious with sausage. This butter is enough of a sauce for plain pasta but it is also great with pasta and vegetables.
- One 4-ounce hot Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet Peppadew peppers
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- In a small, nonstick skillet, cook the sausage over moderately high heat, breaking it into small lumps, until crusty and browned, about 10 minutes. Scrape the sausage into a medium bowl and stir in the Peppadews. Let cool, then fold in the butter and cheese until melted.
The sausage butter can be refrigerated for up to 4 days.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.