- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped cooked breakfast sausage
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 375°. In a large bowl, whisk the flour with the baking powder, salt and baking soda. Stir in the butter, egg, milk, cheese and sausage. Spoon the batter into 12 greased muffin cups and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden. Transfer to a rack to cool before serving.
The muffins can be refrigerated overnight. Reheat in a 350° oven for about 10 minutes before serving.