- Strips of zest from 6 large lemons
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar
- 4 ounces hot water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 8 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 3 ounces fresh orange juice, preferably blood orange juice
- One 750-ml bottle gin, preferably Hendrick's
- 12 ounces blended Scotch
- 40 ounces chilled club soda
- Ice, preferably large cubes
- Freshly grated nutmeg, for garnish
- In a bowl, muddle the lemon zest with the sugar and let stand for 25 minutes. Muddle again, then add the hot water and honey and stir until the sugar and honey dissolve. Add the lemon juice and orange juice, then strain the liquid into a punch bowl and add the gin and Scotch. Refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours. Stir in the club soda, add ice and garnish with nutmeg.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.